What it means to be a probationary teacher at the end of her third year...

If the vice-principal, who is her supervisor, likes the guy hired after her more, the vice principal can opt to recommend that her contract not be extended past this year. Which also means that the union can't/won't fight for her because she has no status in the union. No matter how many letters of support my colleagues write, or my students, I have a very slim chance of having a job next year. All because, according to my supervisor, I "don't know how to treat people." (Which really means her--my tone in my email comes across terse.)

Because she did say that it had:
nothing to do with my lesson plans.
nothing to do with my organization.
nothing to do with my classroom management.

So, I get to have a meeting on Wednesday with my union rep in attendance, before the meeting with the superintendent on the 18th. Basically, my rep says that if my supervisor won't put a POA (Plan of Assistance) into documentation, things are a done deal and I have no chance.
I will have to bargain to resign so I don't have a nonrenewal on my record, but I don't get to do what I love. Because I don't kiss ass. Because I SUCK at playing the game.

About 4 months left of being a probationary teacher. I thought I was finally on track to have some security.

0 comments: