Yeah, being stubborn sucks ass.

So, I am NOT a runner. And honestly, I am so far from the "runner" spectrum, there aren't enough words.

I HATE RUNNING.

Ok.

I've also been struggling with my weight/body image/everything for the last 10 years or so. I decided to make a significant change in April. Louie and I joined 24 hour Fitness, and I started doing cardio 3X a week. Then, I added some weight training, then, when summer hit, I started taking a class similar to the one I took at Gold's Gym (thanks Manda K.!), that is a 55 minute hard-core full body lifting weights/cardio up workout. I do that 2-3X a week for the last 5 weeks. On July 7, I started the Couch25K program. Yep. I started to JOG. OUTSIDE. IN MY HILLY (MANY MANY MANY INCLINES) NEIGHBORHOOD.

After about a week of this program, my left knee started to hurt.

And hurt.

And hurt.

But, I kept pushing it. I did the whole RICE thing, tried the KT Tape (HA!), but my athlete competitiveness kept pushing me to keep going--no matter what my body said.

Yesterday morning the pain was pretty bad. Yesterday was also Week 4 Day 1 for me--I had made it SO FAR!!! I called the doctor in the morning, thought about not going out, but went out and completed the workout--I even jogged the FULL 5 minutes!!! BOTH TIMES!!

If you are a runner, this is probably pathetic, but for me, this was HUGE. I wanted to stop and walk SO BADLY, but I kept pushing through (even with my knee screaming at me).

And then I went to the doctor.

HAHAHAHAHA. I. AM. AN. IDIOT.

I am now on Prednisone for the next six days--I am not to run or walk for working out purposes. Then, after the Prednisone is done, I have to wait until my knee feels back to normal--possibly 2 weeks! I also have to go to a special store where they will watch me run (awesome--and yes, that is sarcasm dripping off that comment) and tell me all about my gait and what type of shoes I need. And I am SURE that the shoes will be free too. HA!

BLARGH.

I was on a roll. Consistently working out, I re-joined Weight Watchers last week Wednesday, and have been working hard to improve day by day. This feels like a setback. I didn't work out today and I feel like a loser. Yikes. I am going to try to swim tomorrow, but I think I might have caught the runner bug. *SHUDDER*

0 comments: